A Sustainable Alternative
Polychem powder coatings really are the environmentally responsible choice. There are many sustainability advantages over competing products such as liquid paints. Choosing a sustainable option which will give you the same level of performance, is available in the same colors and effects and can also be customized to what you need, is a no brainer. Choosing Polychem powder coatings ensure that you build sustainability into your design.
Polychem powder coatings are sustainable because:
- Polychem powder coatings have no Volatile Organic Compounds - there are NO solvents and therefore no VOCs in powder coatings.
- Polychem powder coatings contain no toxic compounds or dangerous substances (e.g. lead).
- Most Polychem powder coatings achieve quality protection and great aesthetics in a SINGLE coat.
- Most Polychem powder coatings do not require a primer.
- Polychem powder coatings have lower carbon dioxide emissions than liquid coatings - In a life cycle analysis (DSM study), powder coatings were shown to have both lower VOC and lower carbon dioxide emissions than liquid coatings.
- There is no toxic sludge created during the application of powder coatings, which means no toxic landfill
- Powder coatings are recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency
- Using powder coatings can contribute towards LEED credits.
- Polychem's sister brand, IFS Coatings, has achieved Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) that will contribute to LEED points.